“Button” is a social enterprise that has been in operation since 2018 and is a place where anyone can donate, buy second hand clothes or get it for free.
“Button” was developed and operates within the Red Cross of the Republic of North Macedonia – Red Cross of the City of Skopje as a result of many years of work in the field of donating clothes and distributing it to the most vulnerable.
With the launching of “Button” we provide a more efficient clothing distribution system for people at risk, easy access to low-cost clothing for low-income people who do not require help, employment of vulnerable target groups, and contributing to the preservation of the eco-environment.
With the operation of “Button” we encourage a sustainable living model, donation and buying clothing that is already created and usable, thereby reducing the use of natural resources used in the production of new clothing and reduction of waste generated by the misuse of clothing.
With the operation of “Button” we strive to achieve our goals:
- timely provision of most appropriate clothing for people at risk
- easier access to low-cost clothing for low-income people
- strengthening the capacities of vulnerable population groups
- efficient use of excess clothing to contribute to the preservation of the environment
- creating responsible donation habits and responsible spending habits
- encouraging and creating work habits among socially disadvantaged working people
- creation of jobs that aim to facilitate the integration of vulnerable groups of the population.
- promoting solidarity, humanity and volunteering
Where to donate?
Donations may be delivered in the Red Cross containers located at two locations on the territory of the City of Skopje, in front of the Red Cross building of the Red Cross of RNM (Kocho Racin Boulevard No.13) and in front of HHO “Dare Dzambaz” (Boulevard 11 October 42a) .
Donations can also be delivered in:
- “Button” from Monday to Friday 09 am to 5 pm and Saturday 09 am to 2 pm,
- Warehouse of the City Red Cross of Skopje (in Momin Potok) from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16:00.
What can be donated?
- Well preserved and clean clothes,
- Well preserved shoes,
- Bedding, blankets, towels,
- toys, purses, decorations and accessories
It is important that everything that is donated is well packaged in a bag before being put into the donation container!
Who can pick up clothes for free?
Through the free clothing distribution point, clothing is distributed to people at social risk (families, people in foster families and people in institutions) continuously with clothing vouchers.
The vouchers are obtained after a prior assessment by the Red Cross professionals in the City Red Cross of Skopje and the Red Cross branches.
Recycling and reuse of clothing
From donated clothing that cannot be used directly, products are manufactured in a patchwork technique that are then donated or sold at the second-hand clothing store. Usually made products are bed linen for institutions or holiday home decorations.
Work integration and volunteering
All people who come to us looking for clothes who are capable of working, we strive to support them in encouraging and creating work habits in order to get hired and to be able to buy their own clothes. It involves contributing to strengthening the capacities of vulnerable population groups and creating jobs aimed at facilitating the work integration of vulnerable population groups. And of course all of these goals are intertwined with solidarity, humanity and volunteerism that we promote as the highest human values.
Location: Red Cross of the Republic of North Macedonia – Blvd. Koco Racin no. 13, 1000 Skopje
Opening hours: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00, Saturday 09:00 to 14:00
Alexandra Boeva, Coordinator 070 225 782
Hristina Aleksovska, responsible associate 070 414 759
Fb: Button / Kopche
Instagram: @ kopce.skopje