| Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence
Voluntary Service, Unity, Universality
The disseminators come from various professional background, age groups, gender and ethnic background.
The target groups covered with the dissemination are mainly primary school pupils, high school and university students, representatives of local governments, representatives from nongovernmental organizations and associations of citizens and members of the governing structure of the Red Cross branches.
The disseminators use variety of printed and video materials, manuals and other tools for dissemination.
- Building volunteer network capacities
- Enhancement of the dissemination / communication programme
- Training for Macedonian Red Cross staff
- Dissemination sessions with trained disseminators
- Printing and promotion of materials
EXPLORING HUMANITARIAN LAW – PROGRAM
The program for research of the humanitarian law is implemented with the support of the International Committee of the Red Cross. It has been implemented in the educational process on international and regional base. This program is implemented in the Republic of Macedonia in the elementary education, while the Bureau for development of the education (part of the Ministry of education and science) is following its implementation in the educational program. The program framework in Macedonia is adjusted for the students in the elementary schools, with a short version of 9 classes which are part of the subject “Citizen Culture” in the eighth grade. The educational program is being implemented by teachers that were trained by teams of trainers and instructors. The training was constructed for all the teachers in the country that are teaching the class “Citizens culture” in the seventh and eighth grade of the eight year elementary education and eighth and ninth grade in the nine year elementary education. The EHL program in Macedonia is implemented through the Bureau for development of education in RM, and it represents one of the best implemented programs in the region.
The National Committee there are members, representatives from: the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Health, the General Secretariat of Government and the Red Cross of the Republic of Macedonia.
For expanding the composition of the National Committee, Ministry of Foreign Affairs submitted information to the Government. In 2008 the Government Decision (Official Gazette br.58/2008 year) to expand the composition of this body with representatives of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and Ministry of Interior.
The headquarters of the National Committee is in the Red Cross and it works on its own rules, according to which the President is from the ranks of ministers, deputy chairman and secretary of the Red Cross.
National Committee examines issues regarding:
- Harmonization of national legislation with international humanitarian law;
- Effective implementation of IHL and monitoring by taking practical measures and activities;
- Monitoring the development of IHL and its dissemination in different segments of social life;
- Promoting cooperation and coordination among relevant institutions including cooperation with the Red Cross, in order to identify actions arising in the field of IHL and legal obligations.
The National Committee addopted a national program for implemntation of international humanitarian law, whose realization includes the representatives from other ministrier and institutions, as cariers of distinctive programs.
- Brochure “Permanent humanitarian mission” (in Macedonian and Albanian language);
- Brochure “History of the Red Cross” (in Macedonian and Albanian language)
- Publication of the Geneva Conventions of 1949 and the Additional Protocols of 1977
- “Rules for use and protection of the Red Cross emblem”
- Brochure for the Red Cross emblem;
- Cartoon “Story of an idea” (in Macedonian, Albanian, Serbian and Roma language);
- DVD-CD – Cartoon “Story of an idea” (in Macedonian and Albanian, language);
- Manual for practical use of the International Humanitarian Law (in Macedonian and Albanian language);
- Exploring humanitarian Law – manual for teachers
- General dissemination manual for International Humanitarian Law (IHP)
- Dissemination manual for International Humanitarian Law (IHP) for legislative and executive authority
- Dissemination manual for International Humanitarian Law (IHP) for structure of security, defense and health
- Dissemination manual for International Humanitarian Law (IHP) for journalists
- Dissemination manual for International Humanitarian Law (IHP) for local authorities
- Dissemination manual for International Humanitarian Law (IHP) for youth
- Other materials used for dissemination.