Red Cross of the Republic of North Macedonia– Red Cross of the City of Skopje JOB VACANCY For a Psychologist/ Medical nurse
The following employment engagement is within the project: ” Supporting INclusive development of community-based long-term CARE services through multi-stakeholder participatory approaches / InCARE, supported by the European Commission.
The Red Cross of the Republic of North Macedonia is looking for employees whose main responsibility will be to pilot the service Emergency Button (EB) on the territory of the city of Skopje, intended for 50 older men and women who will be selected as users for the newly introduced service.
The emergency button will be a 24/7 service, which the users of the elderly population will be able to use in their homes, by pressing the alarm device, intended to be worn, whenever they find themselves in a condition that is not life-threatening, but is serious enough and needs urgency, first aid and support (injury, limb fractures, accidental fall, wound bleeding, burn injuries, medical emergencies, allergic reactions, etc.). Through the devices they will be able to communicate with the Operators from the Contact Center, which will provide them with fast and efficient access to appropriate support and assistance, by professionals and volunteers of the EB in the Red Cross of RNM. RCNM will establish an efficient service for Emergency Button and it is inspired by the Austrian and Swiss experiences for efficient operation of care services for the elderly population.
- Job title: Psychologist /medical nurse – work in 2 shifts 08.00- 16.00 / 14.00- 20.00 (Monday-Friday)
- Following the instructions of the EB Coordinator and timely reporting
- Preparation of work schedule in shifts together with a project officer and monitoring of work processes
- Signing contracts with users and organizing the installation of devices
- Keeping records of the health status of the user and its current updating
- Field activities and home assessments at the user
- Current work in software intended for this service
- Communication with clients
- Other obligations in accordance with the project activities
- University degree in psychology or secondary medical education (nurse department) or high school for nurses;
- Team work and work ethic;
- Planning and organization skills;
- Focus on timely fulfillment of assigned tasks;
- Sensitivity to work with the elderly and people with disabilities
Experience working with / in the NGO sector and the elderly and people with disabilities will be considered an advantage.
The engagement envisages signing an employment contract until 11.2023.
By 11.07 at the latest, the interested candidates should submit:
Detailed biography on [email protected] with an indication of the job position for which he is applying
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an individual interview within 5 days of closing the competition.