WE ARE EXPANDING OUR TEAM
Do you want to work in a pleasant atmosphere, motivated and constantly with the possibility of advancement in your career? Take advantage of the opportunities we offer you and become part of our successful team.
If you think you are ready for communicative and creative work, continue reading.
The Red Cross of the Republic of North Macedonia is a humanitarian organization that works to prevent and alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, improve the social situation, ensuring respect and dignity for human beings, especially in times of accidents and disasters, promotes the international humanitarian law and humane values, encourages voluntary work and provision of emergency assistance, and a universal solidarity and humanity.
The office of the Red Cross of the Republic of North Macedonia has a professional team comprised of 25 staff who work on providing support, coordination and monitoring of the work of Red Cross branches.
Job title: Assistant to the Secretary General of the Red Cross of RNM
The position implies employment for a fixed period of time with 40 hours work per week.
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 08:00 to 16:00.
Location: Red Cross of the Republic of North Macedonia
Address: Blvd. Kocho Racin no. 13, Skopje
Education: Completed higher education in the field of social sciences (legal, political studies, social studies, public administration).
Language: Fluent speaking and writing in English.
Digital skills: Working knowledge of MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, email applications, communication platforms Microsoft Teams, Zoom.
Preference is given to candidates with at least two years of past working experience in the field of administrative and office work – office management.
Required professional qualifications, competences and skills:
- Communicative and positive person
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to present and adapt to working conditions
- Critical thinking
- Team player
- Motivated to work
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to cope with time constrains, people and deadlines
- Proficient in development strategies and policies in the target area
- A sense of multiculturalism and non-discrimination
- prepares a daily agenda for the needs of the Secretary General and for the needs of the President;
- takes care of communications with clients for the Secretary General and the President;
- schedules meetings on behalf of the Secretary General;
- prepares letters and correspondence in his/her area of work;
- performs certain administrative and current tasks in the office;
- attends meetings upon request of the Secretary General and prepares the minutes from the meetings;
- communicates and cooperates with governmental and non-governmental organizations, local self-governments and public institutions in the country and abroad;
- advises and informs the Secretary General about specific activities;
- handles the official seal and stamp of the Secretary General’s office;
- manages telephone calls for the head office or the Secretary General;
- receives and transmits telephone and e-mail messages;
- cooperates with the heads of departments and transmits requests and information to the Secretary General;
- provides translation services for the Secretary General at meetings with representatives of international organizations and institutions;
- prepares information, reports and official minutes from held meetings of the Secretary General in and outside the office of the Secretary General;
- regularly and promptly sends information about planned events in which the Secretary General Secretary participates to the person responsible for public relations;
- takes care of and organizes the business trips of the Secretary General;
- accompanies the Secretary General on official trips in and out of the country;
- cooperates with the person responsible for protocol in the organization;
- cooperates with the person responsible for logistics in the organization;
- coordinates the cooperation of the Secretary General with the secretaries of the Red Cross branches and the Secretary of the City red Cross of Skopje;
- prepares weekly, monthly and annual reports for implemented activities;
- regularly updates data, materials, reports on the organizational communication platform;
- promptly reports on changes and/or obstacles related to the implementation of certain activities;
- performs other tasks as assigned by the Secretary General.
Initial net salary: MKD 30,000.00
Instructions how to apply:
- Short biography
- University diploma for completed education
- A short letter of interest, with at least two professional references
Selected candidates will be called for an individual interview.
The job advertisement is open until September 20, 2022.
We are expecting you.